HỎI Vietnamese Showbiz Scene or Crook Scene?

Trạng thái
Chủ đề đã được đóng (không tiếp nhận thảo luận)

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
It's highly interesting to watch the current crisis in the Vietnamese showbiz society. A successful business woman accused a renowned Vietnamese comedian (US naturalized) that this man kept a huge donation sum (13.4 billion VND or 582,267 US$) in his personal account for over 6 months without doing anything, not even to inform the public about the status of his monthlong money keeping. The outcry was naturally tremendous among the Vietnamese netizens. Her livestream reached within a few minutes more than 500K viewers. A record!

Why the fuss? So far I do the research to find out what is going on. During the Fall 2020 there was a catastrophic flooding in Central Vietnam and the celeb comedian, Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh, called out for donation with the hint that he is one of the sons who come from Central Vietnam. A very trustable call for donation. Money came in and the time passed... Months elapsed, nothing happened. Somehow a news leaked to Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng, a very successful business women, whose donation was cheated in the past. She revealed the scandalous news to the public in her livestream and openly demanded Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh for explanations why he kept silent during the months without actually doing anything to the flooding victims and for which purposes he kept the money so long in his personal account.

After several days Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh weakly responded. He said that the delay was due to the Covid-19 pandemic and he couldn't do anything about it. Such lame arguments make the Vietnamese netizens even madder. The unrecoverable damage is already done: reputation gone, fans desert en masse and the future starts to doom. To repair the damages Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh leans on The dark Imperium, the Showbiz Association. And the Dark Imperium bites back furiously. A bunch on showbiz crooks mobilize their fans and start to berate and to threaten the brave business woman. They go so far that her livestream is temporarily "interrupted" by the official Communication Commission with ridiculous reasons: slandering, foul languages and unlawful obtaining of information. Really? No. As I said, it's ridiculous.
  • Slandering: if it is a real slander then the affected people have the right to bring Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng to court, to obtain her to stop her "slandering crusade" and to demand compensation. Such actions would clear out immediately all Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng's accusations and the reputation of the US-naturalized Vietnamese Comedian would shine again.
  • Foul languages: it depends on the social environment. Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng didn't use filthy words, nor obscence sentences, nor religious insults. All her accuses were more or less very "close to the people" and a bit cheeky if you so will.
  • Unlawful obtaining information: the leak of the bank secrecy does NOT infringe the private data security law because the leaked information wasn't offered for sales, nor for blackmail. And Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng didn't use this information to extort Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh, nor to sell for big bucks. She just used the information to reveal the abuse of trust committed by Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh and demanded him to explain his inexcusable behavior.
The verbal battle becomes the real war because Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh and all his chums from the Dark Imperium start to berate and to threaten Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng. Despite of the temporary stop of Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng livestreaming three questions which remain unsatifyingly answered:
  1. Why 6 months in his personal account?
  2. What happens with the interest?
  3. Has Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh reported this "additional" income to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) in the US according the the US law for US citizen who lives abroad?
If the 3rd question is a YES, then the donation is in this sense part of Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh income.
If the 3rd question is a NO, then the bank and Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh broke the US interbanking law that requires the foreign bank and the account holder to notify the money amount. This law is purpose to curb the white-washing of criminal money (e.g. drug trafficking) and tax evasion.

Whatever the outcome of the 3rd question the 13.4 billion VND donation money is in Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh personal account and with or without IRS notifying it is embezzlement. And the Vietnamese bank could get severe penalty (e.g. US sanction) for hiding information about illegal money deposit.

Or in short: Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh embezzled 13.4 billion VND from the donation for the flood victims in Central Vietnam
. And even he pays back the donated money he has abused the trust of the people and revealed his true self as an insatiable money-hungry "comedian" who left Vietnam for whatever reason and comes back to make illegal money on the back of the Vietnamese.

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
One thing I cannot understand is that why the official prosecution won't investigate the accusation of Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng? It's a very serious accusation to someone whose career could be ruined. It raises some open questions:
  1. If Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng accusation is untrue why she won't be accused by Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh and sentenced by the court for slandering.
  2. If Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng accusation is true why the official prosecution won't arraign Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh for embezzlement of donation money?
The apathetic inactivities of the official prosecution and of the court are incomprehensible as if the accusation of Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng and the embezzlement of Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh were a private affair.

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
Update:
Today, Jun. 1, 2021, I read a news from SOHA.vn "Hoài Linh giải ngân 2,4 tỷ tiền từ thiện cho miền Trung..." and I am so astounded that I have to write this update. This celeb must be the stupidest, most brutal crook when he only now "transferred" 2.4 billion VND from the 13.4 billion VND donation and NOT all the donation + interest after a so-long delaying period of more than 6 months. Let's do some math:
  1. Term deposit: interest ~6 % / year (source: HERE)
  2. Deposit 6 months by 6% of 13.4 billion VND (suppose that his deposit is in the Vietcombank 1 Year Fixed Deposit)
The achieved interest: 13.4 billion * 0.062 * (6 months/12 months) = 428800000 VND or 428.8 million VND.
Questions:
  1. Where is this handsome 428.8 million VND ?
  2. why the payment rate of 2.4 billion VND?
  3. Why he is NOT the person who hands out the money, but his proxy who naturally must be paid?
  4. Where is the rest of 11.428 billion VND?

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
Update 05 June 2021:
Tôi không muốn lấy bệnh của mình ra để biện minh. Nhưng tôi muốn giải trình hết mọi thứ để mọi người hiểu và thông cảm dùm tôi", Hoài Linh nói.
(source: Soha.vn)
=)) The crook excuses himself with a very misanthropic argument "illness". Does he really think that the people are so stupid to accept his imbecile apology? 6 months so heavy ill that he could NOT issue even a bank transfer to the flood victims? [-X Or he just wants to show off himself as the great benefactor who distributes HIS money =)) to the poor people like the other female crook named Thủy Tiên, but he was impeded by his "illness" ? :-@Probably this comedian crook confuses the theater stage with the reality and tries to act as if he was in the middle of his comedy.

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
Update June 09, 2021.
I got this funny news "Trung tâm từ thiện 14 tỷ" entitled by Vietnamese. It's the HUMBLE RESIDENCE

1623236403228.png
(source: Soha.vn)

of the CROOK Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh.
Camera bố trí dày đặc...
(more: click HERE)

Sure, security cameras must be thickly installed so that not even a fly can fly in...because tons of (tax-evaded and donated) money are stowed here inside. For a NATURALIZED American the CROOK Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh has done very well as a fat parasite in the country where he left decades ago for the US just because of the poverty in Vietnam.

Sửa lần cuối:

Nancru

CongDongJava Project Leader
Staff member
9/10/11
Hi Joe,

I think this topic you are following is very complicated, and we as Vietnamese, don't want to jump in and make discussion about it. Apparently, both Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng and Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh are not right at all. Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng is a business woman but all she is doing in last 6 months was making wrong accusations. She tries to attack every one that are somehow relates to Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh & Võ Hoàng Yến. Her trick is tells an action of person, whom she attacks to, has done in the past and tell imagination stories that will lead audiences to believe this person is wrong. I'm not saying those imagination stories are wrong or not. But her trick is normally fall to one that we should not believe in.
On another hand, Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh was wrong in action of charity. But also, the Humble Residence from the news you linked to are clearly not from those charity money. One marketing campaign that uses Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh's image should be as least 2b in vnd for 15 seconds. I doubt that why he should tried to steal the charity money to destroy his image which is his main income. Again, his action in "14 tỷ đồng" is unacceptable, and his apology is also worse.
Note: kenh14.vn and soha.vn are "báo lá cải", uses information from those channel is like listening to teenagers to tech their knowledge. They knows nothing but traffics to their sites.

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
the Humble Residence from the news you linked to are clearly not from those charity money
First: It wasn't my statement. It's a quote from the SOHA news:
Toạ lạc tại Quận 9 - Sài Gòn, Đền thờ Tổ nghiệp là tâm huyết cả đời và
cũng là nơi ở của NS Hoài Linh. Sau khi bị netizen đổi tên thành "Trung tâm từ thiện 14 tỷ"
All the quoted news are given together with the corresponding links. Because they are in Vietnamese I just quote as minimum as possible and those who have interest on the quotes can always go directly to the links and read the whole content. I just wonder why you didn't do that.

Second: Sorry, mon ami. I have donated a lot of money to Vietnam (not to him, to be exact) but such the news, in particular in relation with the people who left Vietnam for economic reasons and come back as "naturalized Americans" to live on the back of the local people like Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh or Mrs. Phi Nhung are the inexcusable insults to those who donated. These people are absolutely loathsome for me. They abuse the US laws to shield them from Vietnamese prosecution. And that is the reason why I've posted this thread.

Third: A lame excuse is probably for the fans OK, but these fans are either simple-minded or gullible. Btw, the fans earn their haughty idols whom they worship. For example Mr. nghệ sĩ Đức Hải showed his disdain to the people (and his fans) with his imbecile excuse of FB-hacking and then FB manipulation from his foster son. What an imbecile excuse after some massive verbal dirty insults to the people.

Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng is a business woman but all she is doing in last 6 months was making wrong accusations. She tries to attack every one that are somehow relates to Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh & Võ Hoàng Yến. Her trick is tells an action of person, whom she attacks to, has done in the past and tell imagination stories that will lead audiences to believe this person is wrong. I'm not saying those imagination stories are wrong or not. But her trick is normally fall to one that we should not believe in.
I wonder why you could write such things on behalf for Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh AND Mr.Võ Hoàng Yến. Either Vietnam is a lawless country where people can be slandered without any severe consequence OR the accusations were so correct that the accused did NOT dare to bring the matter to court like Mrs. GIAU has done with a demand of 1000 billions VND compensation (44 mio. US$) for the damage of her reputation. I am only interested in the issues that I could verify the facts from the Vietnamese media, not that what Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng said.

Further, Mr.Võ Hoàng Yến is a dangerous charlatan. He thrives on the naivety and on the gullibility of the plain people who still believe in magical-saintly healing power. This following clip will give you a glance about his boasted magical-saintly healing power. From this viewpoint alone Mrs. Nguyễn Phương Hằng deserves a praise for her deed to open the eyes of the poor and the less-educated people.

Everyone knows that earning money is hard and sweaty. But cheating under a charity veil is more than loathsome. It's a sucking parasite, a tapeworm, in your intestine.

I hope that this thread is a wakening call for those who are willing to donate. The massive corruption currently rampages Vietnam: from the local ruling officials to the "showbiz" shyster celebs. It's sad.

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
If you embezzled money of your company you got fired and went directly to jail for several months or even years. But a man with the name Đàm Vĩnh Hưng called for tolerance from the people whose donation was embezzled by Hoài Linh (more HERE) [-X

Who is this Đàm Vĩnh Hưng? He must be a bozo who once hired and instigated some ruffians to beat his opponent. After getting heavy critics and condemnation he "apologized" with a childish excuse "because he was lack of law-knowledge" (more HERE) >:) I just wonder why this man said that. He must be a real simple-structured bozo who still freely roams around in Vietnam.

Well, a man who lacks of law-knowledge calls for a tolerance...[-X Only a simple-structured lawless bozo can think of such a balderdash. An example about his simple-mindedness: he's tried to harm a colleague with Voodoo-magic: more HERE.

Update 20. June 2021:
By chance I found this most actual news about the simple-minded and lawless crook Đàm Vĩnh Hưng: click HERE and HERE. No wonder that this wanna-be Elvis Presley vehemently defended the crook Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh and called the cheated people for tolerance :-/ Why? Read the link and make for yourself your own opinion. However, one remained question must be asked:
Is the chùa more important than the houses of the flood victims?

Sửa lần cuối:

Joe

Thành viên VIP
21/1/13
Before this thread is closed I would like to show you that there are a lot of Vietnamese people doing charity without making a noisy fuss out their deed. They are the real people I always admire and respect. For example:
  • Woman's 'zero dong supermarket' a lifesaver for some in Mekong Delta
  • Saigon restaurant cooks 2,000 meals per day for the needy
Click here and here if you like to know more.

These people are the real unnamed heroes, not the bigmouthed celebs like Mr. Võ Nguyễn Hoài Linh, Mr. Đàm Vĩnh Hưng, Mrs. Phi Nhung, nor all the musclebound sport bozos. These mentioned people, they all either embezzle the money, or make personal self-marketing in the name of charity. And this is the shame for a poor country like Vietnam.

Sửa lần cuối:
Trạng thái
Chủ đề đã được đóng (không tiếp nhận thảo luận)